Friday 20 November 2009

Stormy weather

We have had a week of bad weather across the British Isles. Autumn storms first of all battered the south of England as I previously blogged about and yesterday terrible amounts of rain fell in Cumbria and South West Scotland. The BBC have viewers pictures of the floods in Cumbria here.

Today in London it is very dark and dismal, the kind of day when rain just drizzles all day and it doesn't get properly light all day. A good day to be at home with a warm drink and a good book to read.It has been hard for me to concentrate much this week, but today I am feeling a lot calmer so hopefully I will get quite a bit of The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest read. I have so many good books to read!

I wanted to find a picture which sums up the weather and my mood so chose the photo below which I took years ago with my first digital camera. I think it was 4 or 5 mega pixel and that was really good back then! The violas were in a window box on my window sill in my old flat in Forest Hill, south east London.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog;very Iphone/pod friendly as it is easy to read in that format.England's weather sounds a lot like Japan now!

The Happy Salmon said...

Thanks Simon, I use my iPod Touch a lot when on the move! Weather in UK appalling a police man is missing after being swept away off a collapsing bridge in the lake district.