Friday 13 November 2009

Video from Japan holiday

My camera has a very basic video function, and I used it a couple of times on holiday when I wanted to capture sounds of Japan. Next time I go to Japan I will get one of those microphones for my iPod touch so I can capture sound properly and not have to worry about images!

The story behind this clip, is Scotland. When in Nagasaki we stayed close to Glover Park which was built around the large colonial style home of Thomas Glover who originated in Scotland. Thomas Glover brought the first steam train to Japan in mid 19th Century. He also built the first asphalt road in Japan. Modern day Glover Park loves all things Scottish, honouring Glover's home land. As walking around the park bag pipe music was piped out from trees and bushes, which is what I tried to capture on the video.

No comments: