Monday 9 November 2009

Final photos from Japan

I had these last few photos from our final weekend in Tokyo just waiting on my camera to be uploaded. Above is a picture of a rather wet cat who was watching Dave the hotel cat and a very similar cat we named Bob, who just had to be Dave's brother, shelter from the rain. Dave's mate Bob seemed quite mad. Every now and again he'd dart up the nearest tree trunk, about half way up the tree and then suddenly jump back down. The cat in the picture just watched them from up the bank. We decided she must be Dave and Bob's Mum and I named her Mo.

On the our last proper day in Tokyo, which was building up for a small typhoon, we decided to go for a walk around Akasaka which was deserted, it being a Sunday. We walked round to Yotsuya station. The station seemed quite old and the Wikipedia page says it does indeed date back to late 19th century. On the bridge at Yotsuya station we could see Roppongi Hills ( Mori sky scraper) So I suggested we take a train over to Roppongi Hills - not the kind of place I usually want to visit but as it was our last day, I thought it might be nice to do something different.

The Roppongi Hills sky scraper is so tall I couldn't get a decent picture of it close and I can't seem to find any I took of it from a distance. However when we got to Roppongi Hills Jase was able to take the picture below of the Tokyo Tower, which is Japan's tallest structure.
We discovered through wonderful Wikipedia that the hotel we always stay in in Tokyo - The New Otani was the tallest building in Tokyo and the outside was used in James Bond, You Only Live Twice as Blofeld's HQ

Outside Roppongi Hills sky scraper is a spider sculpture like the one that was at Tate Modern in London, as our holiday had featured a number of spiders it seems only fitting to finish on a picture of me below the spider.

No comments: