Monday 12 October 2009

Quiet Monday

Just a quick blog entry today. Today is a public holiday in Japan known as Sports Day. We were up early again and in breakfast before 7:30. Not as sunny yesterday but still fair and warm. The pictures on my blog today are from the hotel's 400 year old garden. Above is a view of some rocks - the garden has many from all over Japan - water fall and jolly red bridge.

Below are pictures of some of the Koi in the ponds within the garden.

This morning we went to Tokyo station to buy bullet train tickets for our trip down to Fukuoka tomorrow. I had prepared what to ask for and had even written out the key parts of what I wanted to book in hirigana on a piece of paper. Luckily my Japanese was good enough to be understood by the ticket officer and we got our tickets for tomorrow and out return journey. I did show the ticket officer my hirigana page wich he thought very sweet I could tell!

After Tokyo station we went to Shinjuku to look around another big electronics super store and a separtment store so I could buy a back pack - I left my small day one at home! We then had lunch in First Kitchen burger bar. I had a new burger with bacon and egg and a lovely teriyaki sauce and instead of fries I had a salad which was nice.

As we are off to Fukuoka tomorrow we are taking this afternoon easy not doing much at all.

PS you can check out Jase's pictures from today on Flickr here

No comments: