Thursday 22 October 2009

Kumamoto wildlife

Today we visited Kumamoto castle and Suizenji Park. It was a beautiful sunny, warm day. There are pics of the castle on my flickr page and I'll blog about the castle later. At Suizenji Koen we cane across the heron type bird above (I think it is actually a grey egret) patiently watching the lake. He was most obliging for photos although he referred to move so we weren't able to get an action shots. It was only once we had moved on that a party of school children scared him away. The bird made a great racket about it too!

We had moved on to have a look at the cats below. We think the black cat captured here was the Mum. She was very friendly, she looks just like my cat Rookie. She miaowed a lot and came over to me for a big fuss. She was with a much smaller, shy, stripey cat who we guess was her kitten.
Close to the black cat and her kitten was the cat I photoed below. He was having a great time sharpening his claws on the tree, and looked very pleased with himself!
As ever Jase has also uploaded his pictures to flickr too.

No comments: