Thursday 15 October 2009

Hallowe'en


Above is a picture of the dancing Hallowe'en fountains at Canal City. When I took the pictures last night they were dancing to Peter Gunn. Below is a picture of some pumpkins festooned about Canal City, and more dancing fountains.


We had a fairly lazy day yesterday, I wasn't feeling too well so we just went for an explore of Fukuoka in the morning. Below Tenjin station is a huge cavernous shopping mall that went on for ever and ever! After wandering round it I don't think I ever want to see another shopping centre in my life! It made Westfield look small.

Fukuoka is a very modern city with touches of its historical past just around the corner. We saw a shrine and garden opposite the large station and there are many water ways to cross.

Last night we went out for dinner at an Indian restaurant. Like all the shops and restaurants here it was decked out for Hallowe'en with a Pumpkin King greeting customers on entering the restaurant. I had the special set menu which meant getting baji, mushroom curry, garlic nan, rice and salad. It also included a pumpkin shaped piece of Indian pudding made of carrot, almonds and paneer which I have forgotten the name of but was delicious. (I saw this traditional pudding being made on celeb masterchef earlier this year.

We also explored Canal City a little more and found a fabulous shop called FrancFrancFranc which sold fabulous home wares in bright colours. A great place to get presents for people back home from!

Today we are going to a park and the Fukuoka tower. Jase is hoping to take some good pics.

Below is a picture of me from Tuesday enjoying a relaxing trip on the nozomi shinkansen!

No comments: