Sunday 18 October 2009

Cofee and caterpillars

Jase took some great pictures today, I like the one of me above and usually I don't like pictures of me. But Jase also took lots of pictures of birds of prey hovering above us and a procession which went past our hotel. You can see them all on Flickr.

The rest of the pictures on my blog today I took!
I have become a big fan of Tully's coffee in Japan. I even have a loyalty card! I should get my free coffee by the end of our trip. Above is a picture of my coffee and Jason's Mango Tango Swirkle as well as my sweet chestnut bun and Jase's apple pie.

We walked around the harbour this morning and I took a picture of the boat below. There was a big event going on, for school children, something like a sports day. Since being in Nagasaki we have noticed a lot of large parties of school children and near the peace park yesterday there was a large gathering of children again doing sport and some kind of environmental event. Japanese children are certainly kept busy!
Also on our walk this morning I took a few pictures of a caterpillar on a flower and this one although not composed very well is actually my favourite.
We did a lot of walking today and climbed Hollander Slope which is just a steep hill bordered by large European style villas. The area was part of the European quarter.

This afternoon we watched a TV programme showing how sumo wrestlers exercise and train every day. It was eye watering stuff involving doing the splits and carrying another sumo wrestler around on your back! After all these exercises the wrestler is then expected to eat the equivalent of about 4 full meals all at once!

I have been making a few very short videos of our stay mainly when I want to capture a sound of some sort. When I get back home I shall upload them.

Tonight we went to China Town. I'll post pictures and tell you about it tomorrow once we have got to Kumamoto. The journey to Kumamoto should take about 3 hours and again I bought the tickets successfully using my basic Japanese.

No comments: