Sunday 5 January 2014

San Diego dining

Just a short post about some of the great food we had in San Diego. Below is a photo of the pudding I had at Busters Surfing Shack. It was a pineapple upside down cake with ice cream. It was totally scrummy. Busters was great we had brunch there one day and lunch another. It's the kind of place that has a camper van inside the restaurant. 
 

There was a brand new Cheesecake Factory opposite the hotel and ate there twice. My favourite cheesecake has to be the key lime pie cheesecake. But on our last day I had the most amazing mushroom soup there. It tasted so fresh and so rich I can taste it now! We also went to a modern burger place called the burger lounge that was very good too. 

One of the highlights was a visit to Ruth's Chris steakhouse where I had a brilliant ribeye steak. I couldn't eat all of my banana pudding so took the rest of it back to the hotel in a box. This is something I wish more uk restaurants would do! 

I'll blog about our thanksgiving meal another time. 

Below is a photo of me at Busters enjoying a non alcoholic cocktail. 


No comments: