Sunday 19 January 2014

A poem a day - Day 19

We were given a challenge to write a poem inspired by Pam Ayres today. When I was a child I liked her poem The Dolly on the Dustcart so I decided to try a children's style poem. I was inspired by our little cat Kasumi who always tries to climb on to the Ocado van when it arrives to deliver my shopping. So apologies to Pam as this is rather simple but it does rhyme! 


I'm the cat upon the Ocado van
I climbed aboard one day
I just wanted to have a look around
I didn't mean to stay

My curiosity was too great
All those bags of food 
I didn't mean to hitch a lift
And leave my neighbourhood

I travelled on the truck for hours
Keeping out of sight
We stopped at many houses 
Driving late into the night

I wasn't found by the Ocado man
Until he finished his shift
I'd kept my self well hidden
Snuggled behind the fridge

Lucky for me the Ocado man 
Recognised me straight away
He looked at me and shook his head
Saying "no no you can't stay"

He drove me back to my family
Handed me back with real pride
I was pleased to be back home and safe
But I enjoyed my little ride! 

No comments: