Wednesday 1 July 2009

Oh Deer!

I just wanted to share with you all, this fab pic Jase took of a deer in Bushy Park at the weekend. If you click on the pic it will take you to Jase' Flickr photos, well worth a look!

Oh dear, really sums up my day too! First of all a toilet door at work fell off it's hinges as I opened it. Very amusing for everyone when I told them. Luckily I wasn't hurt in any way so I didn't have to fill out an accident / incident form! Then this afternoon we had a 2 hour power cut at work which was much fun. By 4:30 I was having a glass of pimms in the pub! The electricity came back on just as we left work - oh well!

The heat wave continues and it has been very, very hot for Britain. I haven't been too badly affected by the heat - it used to really get to me but I think I must be getting used to it now!

Of course the last few days have been dominated by news of Michael Jackson's death. I am sure all of us will have had and heard many conversations about Michael Jackson. I think the most interesting conversation I have had was on Friday with the lovely Polish woman who did my pedicure. She talked to me about growing up in Communist Poland and the inspiration Michael Jackson was to teenagers in Poland. Very interesting and totally unexpected angle on Michael Jackson's life. The heatwave and Michael Jackson's 80s classics do just go hand in hand. Just hearing the opening beats of Billie Jean and I am 10 years old again, on top of the climbing frame in the park wearing a lemon yellow and white teabag t-shirt, listening to the Thriller album and thinking I was the coolest girl in the world!

For those of you not around or old enough in the 80s to know what a teabag t-shirt is - I promise you, you don't want to know. An 80s fashion they won't be reviving I hope!

No comments: