Monday 13 July 2009

Weekend in Rosewell - the Spitfire

This weekend Jase and I went to visit friends in Rosewell, near Edinburgh. Jase's good friend Rupert was celebrating graduating with a PhD. We had a fabulous weekend. We were all spoiled rotten by Jen's fabulous cooking and hospitality. I got the recipe for rhubarb spiced cake from her which turned out very well - if I say so myself.

The house was over run with children - at one point 6 girls all under the age of 5! We were kept entertained by Rupert's marmalade cat, and a family of housemartins nesting outside our bedroom window.

I also got to sit at the wheel of Rupert's 1973 Triumph Spitfire pictures below courtesy of Jase's flickr pages - click on the pictures to see more from the weekend including a passing hot air balloon and lots of bees.

NatSpitfire2

NatSpitfire

No comments: