Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunny Sunday in the park

Jase and I spent most of today in the park. Firstly we went to Bushy Park near Hampton Court. We had a picnic - I had sushi, salad, and green tea. We both had some millionaires flapjack which is like millionaires shortbread but with flapjack base. Very nice it was too but a bit impractical in the heat! It has been around 32 C in the sun (nearly 90 F in old money.)

Jase took some good pictures of deer and other wildlife whilst I just lazed in the sun! I did take a couple of pictures in the park of the rather threatening looking clouds. It was a very humid heavy hot day like some of those very hot sandy impressionist paintings you get. I think there is one by Sisley I'm thinking of.



After our picnic we headed to the newly renovated South Park Gardens in Wimbledon. We spent a good hour and a half just sitting on a bench and chatting. I tried to learn some more of my Japanese homework in the sun.

We got home only for me to ruin our dinner by throwing our mash all over the kitchen floor! This was totally by accident! Luckily Jase found it very funny and laughed and laughed and we just had baked beans with our very nice haddock in oatmeal breadcrumbs.

Busy day tomorrow as I have to sit through 4 web developer tender presentations running from 9 - 5:30! I will be dreaming about CRMs, servers and design specs tomorrow night! Yawn.

No comments: