Sunday 19 July 2009

Race for Life Update

Just to let everyone know I completed my Race for Life 5K power walk today in Hyde Park. I haven't been able to train too much due to being a bit unwell lately but I still managed to get in a couple of miles walking each day for the last few weeks. So I thought I would probably walk it in 50 minutes. Last year before my arthritis got too bad I could jog 5k in 35 mins.

I started off today at a pretty fast pace and managed to do my first km in 11 minutes but I then got a real move on and did the next km in 8mins. Soon I realised I could walk it in much closer to 45 mins if I really rocketed! In the end I crossed the finishing line at 46 minutes! I was so thrilled!

It was a very moving event to be involved in and I had a really lovely day. Jase and I then went to have a nice meal at Taro, one of my favourite Japanese restaurants.

I will post some pics that Jase took of the race in the next day or so

Now I am off for a long soak in the bath.

No comments: