Tuesday 31 March 2009

Secrets to long life

As I approach my 35th birthday, I was interested to read the dietary tips of the worlds oldest people. My favourite tip was the custard cakes from a Japanese lady who lived well past 100. Porridge sounds good and sensible as do the tips to eat plenty of veg, drink orange juice and have a wee tipple every now and then.

Other than tips for long life the other story that caught my attention today is Floss the highland cow who went on the run from a Yorkshire abattoir for 9 months. She has now been caught and given a reprieve from becoming steak and is to live her life out in full at a sanctuary. She looks a rather fine cow and apparently had quite an adventure when on the run. Some locals tried to take pot shots at he whilst local youths tried to round her up using quad bikes. Well she is safe now and looks very well and happy.

I'm not too well at the moment having got a kidney infection so drinking lots and taking it easy.
I'm on holiday from Thursday when I am hoping to go and see The Damned United.

No comments: