Friday 3 April 2009

Cardigans causing a commotion

Well G20 disruption to London was a bit of a damp squib. The most commotion in our office was caused by Michelle Obama's wardrobe and in particular her fabulous cardigan. We all wanted one and to find that it is within my price range - if at that special treat price range - was such a bonus but understandably it has sold out as J Crew's website politely explains.

But Michelle Obama is so much more than a fashion icon and the BBC have a video clip of her visit to an inner city London girls school. Having taught in London I know how much that will have meant to the young girls and how much real inspiration she will have given to the girls and the staff.

So by not being affected by any protesters the week passed by pretty quietly. My kidney infection seems to be clearing up and I am getting ready for a weekend away in Buckinghamshire.

I just got a delivery from my brother and his family of Hotel Chocolat goodies for my birthday. A lovely surprise! A pretty in pink selection bag and a liquid chocolate selection. Dreamy!

No comments: