Friday 20 March 2009

London Sakura

This evening I decided to break my tube journey home with a walk through Green and St James' Park. The weather was beautiful, a still, sunny spring evening. The parks were busy with ambling tourists and smart business men scurrying home. I only had my mobile phone with me so the pictures are not brilliant.
I was lucky enough to get accosted by a hungry squirrel (pictured above). I was standing still trying to spy one squirrel who had run into a flower bed when another squirrel ran at me jumping up my leg! The same squirrel then ran off towards an elderly man who had a bag of nuts. The squirrel hopped on to the fence to take the nuts from the old man's hand.
Green Park was full of daffodils and narcissi which filled the evening air with a very delicate scent. I was very pleased to see some cherry blossom (sakura in Japanese) as it made me think of my holiday in Japan during Sakura season last year.

Here is a close up of the hungry squirrel.
I walked out of St James' through Horse Guards (pictured below with the London Eye.) Along White Hall and Trafalgar Square I came across quite a few Scotsmen in kilts and rugby shirts singing and cheering. Sorry no picture; my mobile battery was getting flat!

No comments: