Thursday 19 March 2009

Hidden Japan

It is nearly a year since I started my blog and nearly a year since I had my fabulous holiday in Japan. So I was really pleased to see BBC4 are running a Japan season. On the BBC website there is a section called Word Of the Day with quite a few short video clips explaining some of Japan's most interesting words and phrases. The Japanese love words and inventing short concise phrases to sum up modern life. For example there are two words Kakekomi Josha which mean running for the tube train and just making it through the doors before they close. Can you imagine what someoe is doing if they are boiing tea with their navel? They have words for all kinds of concepts which I am not going to give away, you'll have to go to the website. But here are my favourite Japanese words from the site:

Zuru Zuru
Zatsuon
Nureochiba
Kusu Kusu

The little video clips took me right back to being in Tokyo. I love all the uber cute girls. They Rock!

I'd love to go back to Japan but for now I will just have to watch the BBC 4 season.

No comments: