Friday 29 April 2011

Royal wedding & goodbye to Cornwall

It's almost a week since I came back from Cornwall, so here are a couple of pictures from the last day of the holiday. Above is a picture of the view form the garden again and some boats.

Below is photo of my Dad and me sitting outside the Edgecumbe Arms at Cremyll on a another lovely hot day.
Below is photo of the sunrise on the morning when we left. We set off around 6:30 and I took this picture at around 6:15 as the sun rose.
Today is the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I'm not a fan of the Royals but I think like any British person, even staunch republicans, the Royal's are like the wall paper of this country. Love them or hate them you can't get away from them. I remember watching the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana back in 81. I was 7 and drew a picture of the couple and stuck it in a scrap book which I still have.

So I am watching the wedding coverage on the telly this morning. In fact although I'm no royalist I've been having really vivid dreams about the Royal Wedding over the last few weeks. I hope they stop now! I can only imagine that I'm dreaming about the wedding so much because I'm getting married later this year. My wedding will be the antithesis of this Royal wedding. Just Jason, 2 witnesses, 2 guests and me. So 6 of us at our local registry office. We are getting married at the same time as Wills and Kate though at 11:00 am I thought the time would be handy for having lunch afterwards in the pub! And of course I have to say we got engaged and set our date before the Royals!



No comments: