Wednesday 20 April 2011

Rame Cornwall

I decided to make the most the wonderful weather we're having at the moment by joining my parents and Uncle and Aunt in Cornwall. My parents have rented a cottage for a week, in the Rame peninsular in Cornwall. The peninsular is south of Plymouth, jutting out from Plymouth sound. The cottage over looks Plymouth Sound and Drake's Island pictured above. The photo was taken from my bedroom window. I have the best views!

We are staying in Mount Edgecombe Country Park, which includes a stately home, formal gardens, woodland and deer park as well as the southwest coastal path and secluded beaches and rocky bays. They're the type of beaches you have to scramble down steep ground to reach. My Dad and uncle have been fishing from our nearest rocky beach. My uncle has had some success whilst my Dad has so far come up empty.

Today we walked to the twin villages of Kingsand and Cawsand which are a couple of miles along the coast. On the way we came across this lovely view of gorse bushes and Cawsand bay in the distance. Below is a picture of Kingsand beach. The shingly beaches were fairly busy with paddling children, kayakers and at Cawsands the ferry which picks up foot passengers and takes them to Plymouth. The ferry comes right on to the beach using a temporary boarding ramp.
Tomorrow I intend to explore the Mount Edgecombe country park gardens and park land. I'be already climbed one of the follies in the grounds.

No comments: