Monday 2 May 2011

I can't get no sleep

I really can't sleep at the moment. Ever since I stopped taking the anti depressants just over a month ago I have had real problems sleeping. Sometimes I just can't get comfortable but I drop off eventually only to then wake up in the night, sometimes it takes me hours to get to sleep, sometimes I'm waking up early. Tonight takes the biscuit though. It's 2:40 AM at the moment. I went to bed at 11:30 I got up again at 1:30 having not got to sleep. I know I shouldn't leave it that long, I know all the advice, don't lie in bed tossing and turning, get up and do something constructive, don't get anxious about not sleeping.

It's not easy though. My mind was just so busy tonight - thinking about different plots for books I'll never write, thinking about work, thinking about too much really, but I wasn't worrying. It was only when it got to 1AM that I began to think this isn't right? I'm supposed to be sleeping.

I wouldn't mind but it then leaves me exhausted the next morning. I even read a book all evening in an attempt to make myself more tired before bed time.

One positive thing is that my mood seems better. I think tomorrow night I'm going to have to try a lavender scented bath or something before bed, and a cup of Horlicks!

No comments: