Thursday 21 April 2011

Four seasons in one day

We are having exceptionally warm and sunny weather at the moment in the UK. Here in Cornwall its gorgeous. The last 2 days there has been a lot of heat haze out to sea which has affected visibility for ships and photographers. As its a bit clearer today I took the photo above of Drake's island with Plymouth in the background.

Mount Edgecombe Country Park is beautiful but with the current weather and setting it feels quite surreal. You see this morning I was walking with my Mum through woodland bursting with bluebells I could have been in surrey except the sea was the back drop to the view and the temperature felt more like June, some trees were bare others in full leaf. It was like having 4 seasons all at once and all my favourite locations, woodland, the sea side, formal gardens. It is all just too splendid for words.
Above is a picture of me standing next to the bluebells with the sea in the background between the trees! Below are more bluebells. As well as bluebells the grounds have primroses, white bluebells, some of the camellia are still flowering and I even found a couple of simple single roses beginning to flower in the rose gardens. The smell of the bluebells and the cow parsley as you walk through the woods is sublime!
My Uncle and Aunt have now left for home so its just me and my parents now for one more day before we head back home on Saturday. If only I could take the view of the sea from my bedroom window here with me home! I am glad that I came down for a few days, I think some fresh sea air and walking was just what I needed after being unwell in March.

No comments: