Monday 4 April 2011

Happy Birthday Blog and Me!


Birthday Party

It's my birthday today - I'm just having a quiet day off at home today. Yesterday my parents and brother and nieces visited and we had a tea party to celebrate my nieces's Amelia and Antonia's birthdays and mine of course. It was just an added bonus that it was mother's day so I got to spend it with my Mum as well.

We had an eater egg hunt (a little early but its what they wanted), present opening, played tennis in the garden, blew up balloons and ate far too much! Great fun.

Below is a picture of the beautiful bronze sculpted hare my parents bought me and Jason (his birthday is later in the month.) I saw the sculpture when we were in Dorset on holiday it's by Paul Jenkins as part of the West Country's Frith Sculpture company. They had them in the National Trust shop at Corfe Castle - I hadn't realised that my parents has bought it for me though! Jason had the great idea of placing him half way up the stairs where he looks very happy.
Cheery Tree news

My cherry tree also arrived in time for my birthday - I'd ordered it a few weeks back. Below is a picture of it planted in the garden. Yes those are tights tying it to its small stake! Apparently tights are the best thing to use. We have got a proper big steak to use but we need to put that in the ground with it. I really hope the tree takes, I'll keep you posted on that front.
Dot Cotton moan about my health section

The last few weeks have been odd ones. I was very busy work wise and still not feeling well. Since fainting I've felt a bit rough for a lot of time. Just under the weather, feeling weak and dizzy quite a lot. I have to have another blood test this week as my last one showed low white blood count this time. I can't win, it's either high or too low!

Eye Surgery

I've also been booked in for an eye operation at the end of May to remove scar tissue in my left eye. The scar tissue is left over from the operations to remove cataracts when I was a baby but over the last 10 years the scar tissue has built up into a clump at the lower part of my eye. It seems to be causing me trouble with glare both in the day and at night (from headlamps etc.) as wel as just generally making my vision worse so I actually can't read as much on the eye chart and I've noticed that reading is more difficult for me.

So the operation will remove the scar tissue - its not going to improve my sight dramatically but should if successful make managing stairs and reading a little easier.

Lastly its just over 3 years since I started my blog so I need to wish my blog a very happy 3rd birthday!

No comments: