Monday 4 May 2009

Baking!

Over the last week or so I have done a bit of baking. I haven't baked anything in about 15 years since I was a student so I wasn't sure how my efforts would turn out!

My first attempt at baking was a birthday cake foe Jason just over a week ago. I made the sponge the old fashioned way and it took me nearly half an hour to cream the butter and sugar properly! I certainly felt that I had burnt off the calories in the cake by the time I had finished making it.
Jase liked his birthday cake - light chocolate sponge, apricot jam, chocolate fudge icing and mini smarties. A bit over the top but it tasted good!

Today being a bank holiday I thought I'd do some more baking and use the rest of the flour up so I made some scones whilst I watched the snooker! Below are a picture of 4 of the better looking scones.

Here is a picture of the 4 mutant scones I baked.
When I was at school we still did Home Economics where we were taught to cook and sew and stuff like that. Both boys and girls had to learn this stuff. Anyway in Home Economics baking and cooking I always got A+ for taste and a C or D for presentation!!!

The mutant scones tasted lovely!

No comments: