Monday 18 May 2009

Not a food blog - promise!

Well I promise this blog is not going to become just a food blog but I have been doing more cooking. Below are some gingernut biscuits I bakd this afternoon. A little too much treacle in them I think - didn't have any golden syrup - but still nice!
I also made a bacon and butter bean soup - which turned out very well - not as thick as I had thought it would be which was nice particularly for spring or summer.
Otherwise it has been a quiet day. The shop downstairs has been shut all day. Hand written posters on the shop front explain that they are closed in protest to the Sri Lankan government and in honor of the Tamil's. It made me think that my problems are very small.

I also just wanted to mention what fun I had on Saturday night not only watching Eurovision but twittering with all my favourite twitterers! It was a huge Eurovision twitter party and it was fab! Even Jase joined in.

No comments: