Wednesday 29 April 2009

Don't Panic!

I am working from home today. I have made the mistake of switching News 24 on whilst having my lunch. SWINE FLU, SWINE FLU, SWINE FLU!!!!!!! Grrrrrr.

The News love to make a huge fuss over something like this. There have also been too many Pandemic, Killer Bug, TV mini series and films in the last 10 years making the news look like the opening scenes to one of those melodramatic mini series. You know how the mini series begins innocent looking news stories calling for calm, cynics like me saying don't panic this is a big fuss about nothing, and then the slow creep becomes a mass pandemic and the opening credits run!

Well luckily it looks like the flu isn't spreading like wild fire and is outside of Mexico fairly mild. Of course this can change and even if it doesn't spread now come the autumn or winter it could come back. I just hope this leads to better cleanliness on the tube in particular, the amount of people who don't use tissues! My Mum believes that not having a tissue with you when you go out is like not wearing any clothes!

On a totally different topic check out my sister blog http://thesalmonleaping.blogspot.com/
with some info about a landmark report into disabled people's experiences of crime, harassment and safety. Shocking, and sobering stuff.

No comments: