Sunday 31 May 2009

Sunny Belfast

I arrived in Belfast this morning after a fabulously sunny and smooth flight. The views out of the plane window were stunning. The Irish sea looked tropical with its shades of marine blues and greens! The Isle of Man an island paradise below us!

This afternoon I went for an explore of the Storemont estate, I waited until the Race for Life women in their pink t-shirts had vacated the park though! I took the woodland trail around the park. I'm afraid the pictures aren't great as I just had my mobile and I couldn't seem to stop shaking it when I took the pictures! But the dappled sunlight, baby blue sky and green leaves had a very calming effect!

I then found a nice young tree to sit under in a daisy meadow and read some more of Sarah Waters The Little Stranger - it's un - put- downable!
Before my walk round Stormont (the parliament building pictured above) I had a 3 course Sunday lunch at the hotel. It was one of those eat as much as you like affairs. It was served up in the ballroom whilst a pianist tinkled out songs from the shows and Elton John numbers! All very dignified for me! I had broccoli soup to start, then gammon steak, roast beef, Yorkshire pud, new potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas and gravy. I then went to look at the puddings. I should have taken a photo because I have never seen so many deserts in one place! There were at least 3 different gateaus, a pavlova, cheese cake, a summer pudding, some ice cream type vienetta thing, trifle, profiteroles, assorted tarts, jelly and fruit, cheese and biscuits, and fruit salad. I was so overwhelmed by the choice I just went for the jelly and fruit! I should have smuggled a few of the cakes etc up to my room no need for room service tonight!

No comments: