Thursday 4 September 2008

Royalty, Glasgow, knee injury and wedding pics!

I am more grumpy than usual today because I spent the morning at the Drs and then the Nelson hospital. My knee which had been getting better has started to hurt again - party from too much dancing at Becky's wedding. The Dr gave me an injection of cortisone into my left knee and sent me to the Nelson for an X-Ray. Although my knee seems to be moving more easily it still hurts quite a lot. I have to rest it - but I am allowed to go swimming from tomorrow.

I was in Glasgow earlier in the week for a conference. It was a small conference and involved two very long days so I am also grumpy from being tired. We had to wait a while around at Glasgow airport which wasn't great. When our return flight arrived into Glasgow, Prince Michael of Kent got off and was whisked away in a black 4x4. I didn't see any of this as I was in the toilet. Having royalty on the incoming flight meant that, the plane had been loaded with the best food and crockery and the best flight attendants were working the flight. So we had a crab salad in a glass bowl, organic rice pudding and Royal Dalton bone china tea cups! The flight attendants were lovely, Andrew and Jan who were like a married couple.

Since getting home Jase has gone to Japan for a little over a week. He got there ok and has been working already!

I have added below some of the pics my Dad took at Becky's wedding last weekend.

Becky and Andy

The Salmon siblings + my Auntie Linda and my Mum

The wedding venue cat - every wedding should have one. He was a very well fed cat, given salmon by my Dad, sausage rolls, egg and loads of mayonnaise by me, and his very own plate of food from some of the other guests! He had a missing pad on one of his front paws and seemed to milk the limping when there was food about.

My Mum and me

My cousin Helen, my Mum and me

My (very merry) Dad, Helen, and Uncle Adrian

My Dad having a nap after a very long day!

No comments: