Sunday 31 August 2008

Weddings and babies

It was my cousin Becky's wedding on Friday, above is a pic of Becky with husband Andy and her parents, my Uncle Adrian and Auntie Linda. We don't get together much as a family and I am ashamed to say that it was 14 years since I had seen Becky and her sister Clare. It was a lovely reception we had a lovely time dancing and knocking back a few gins! Having not seen many of my relatives for so long did give me that unusual feeling of seeing them as if for the first time and I could really see for the first time the family resemblances between us all.

My parents has a great time too and hopefully I'll be able to add some photos of us all in the next few days and in particular a picture of my Dad asleep!

Yesterday feeling a little fragile we went to visit Selina and Tim and their two sons, Lucas who is 2 and a bit and baby Jack who is 5 weeks. Jack was tiny and just like his Dad whilst Lucas was sprinting everywhere and rifling through draws and toy boxes and just full of beans! It was lovely to catch up. University now seems like a long time ago.

Tomorrow I am going to Glasgow for a conference on Tuesday, should be a quiet conference but a good chance to meet NHS people from places like the Shetland isles which doesn't happen very often. Tomorrow night when we get to Gasgow Andrew and I are going to Tony Roma's which is an American chain of rib restaurants. There are only a few in the UK, one of which is in Glasgow. I'm looking forward to it although I'm not going to have ribs!

No comments: