Wednesday 24 September 2008

Dogs and cyclists

I'm working from home today so as well as getting to watch Homes Under the Hammer I also got to see the local news at 1:30 which ran with a story about how 2 dogs (a disputed number some say it is as high as 4) have been killed by irresponsible cyclists in Kensington Gardens this year. This story made me cross not because the poor dogs have been killed - that's sad but not enough to make me angry. I am angry because there are many pedestrians injured by irresponsible cyclists - me being one of the injured! I was knocked over on a zebra crossing by a speeding cyclist who thought that the rest of the traffic had stopped at the zebra crossing for a laugh or something. Anyway no one is interested in irresponsible cyclists that injure humans it is only news worthy if they are harming furry animals. That is why I am cross. I saw a cyclist go through a red light on a pedestrian crossing yesterday and a workman who nearly got knocked over by the bike went mad - so it isn't just me. Irresponsible cyclists make lots of people cross!

No comments: