Wednesday 16 April 2008

Welcomed home by a new kitchen!

Well we got home last night safe and fairly sound. The flight was good, no real delays and Terminal 5 was like a ghost town. Our bags were first off the belt again and although we were disappointed that the arrivals lounge was shut all in all Terminal 5 treated us well. I am not sure I like all the escalators at T5, particularly at 5B. They were fun on the way out when we were excited about the flight but when we got back after a 12 hour flight and had to then go up and up on numerous slow and short escalators I felt sick and very tired.

It was nice to come home though. Even the cold drizzly rain which greeted us when we emerged from Wimbledon tube station was refreshing, and that wet tarmac and exhaust fume smell you get in London when it rains after a period of dryness was strangely comforting. Over the weekend I shall post some more about Japan and what I will miss and what I won't, but one thing going away anywhere for longer than a week always makes me feel, is very pleased to be back in London.

We got home to our new kitchen which Jase's Dad fitted for us while we were away. He has done a fantastic job and I have posted some pictures below. We were delighted particularly as James had time to tile and paint as well, something we thought we might have had to do ourselves. Jase's parents only left on Sunday so the flat didn't have that horrible empty atmosphere you usually feel when your home has been shut up for a couple of weeks.

So I am enjoying my new kitchen and my day off to get over the jet lag, but it is back to work tomorrow.


No comments: