Monday 28 April 2008

From Belfast to Glasgow

Before leaving Belfast I did manage to visit the new Victoria Square shopping centre which opened only a couple of weeks ago. Just about everyone I had spoken to in Belfast had mentioned it to me. The taxi drivers in particular were keen to tell me about House of Fraser where apparently handbags can be purchased for thousands of £!

I have to say the new shopping centre is very swish indeed - it seemed very accessible with multi choice floor connections, either stairs, or ramps or lifts or escalators the choices were endless and I tried them all. I did go to the top where there is the dome where a view of Belfast can be had. It was all very futuristic but then I thought in 20 years time will everyone just say how noughties it is!
The dome

The shopping centre
After a short hop across the Irish Sea to Glasgow I was at my hotel and having dinner by 6:30pm. I hope tomorrow to visit some familiar places in Glasgow and maybe have a pint of deuchars.


No comments: