Monday 21 April 2008

vending machine withdrawl

The jet lag finally seems to be relenting. I didn't expect the jet lag to be bad coming home but maybe going into work just made it worse! Today whilst walking towards Oxford Circus tube station I really wished I was back in Japan, and not just because I had had a lousy day at work. I miss the self containedness (if that is such a word) of the Japanese people. This means that when you are walking through the crowds in Tokyo the Japanese people some how don't seem to invade each others space. In London however everyone seems to want to invade my space. I really do often wonder if I am invisible as I walk about London. The number of people who push and jostle me as if I am not there.

I also miss the vending machines which are everywhere in Japan. You are never more than a few yards from a vending machine and so a choice of cold, hot, soft and in some cases alcoholic drinks. I found a picture of one on a website, which is below.
Ah just the sight of the vending machine makes me feel better.

No comments: