Saturday 15 February 2014

London afternoon

Today I met up with my friends Ruth and Rachel in London and we had a lovely time pottering along the south bank, Borough Market and had a lovely lunch. The view below is from the Puzza Express where we had lunch looking over the Thames when the sun came out. 

We popped into Foyles at the Royal Festival Hall and I bought a couple of poetry books. It's so long since I've bought any poetry. Since I've been writing every day I've really wanted to read some new poetry. I don't know why I ever stopped. Reading and writing poetry has been something I loved from about age 13 until I was about 30 and then I just stopped. I'm so pleased I've rekindled that love of poetry. I've not only been reading new poetry but revisiting old favourites like Sylvia Plath, Simon Armitage, Grace Nichollls, Wilfred Owen, and many more. 

When I got home this evening the sun was setting over the market square so I quickly snapped a picture of it. 






No comments: