Friday 18 November 2011

Miami

We arrived safely in Miami 2 days ago. We had a marvellous flight out. The Concord Lounge at Heathrow was very fabulous - waitress service & lovely food. We saw Elvis Costello in the lounge too.

First class on the plane was wonderful the food exceptionally good. I changed into my BA pjs and watched the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

We arrived in Miami early and had a smooth journey through immigration. The hotel is fantastic. Our room has a private balcony With chairs and table. We overlook the pool and beach. Below are some photos of the beach and views from our room.

My first thought and experiences of Miami Beach and the USA are:

Everything comes with cheese
I saw a fire hydrant shooting gallons of water into a street, just like in a cartoon or US comedy!
The TV is hilarious totally unintentionally - my favourite advert is for "Forever Lazy" a fleece romper suit for adults. The ad says it has "front and back flaps for your convenience!"
Everyone says "You're Welcome" automatically which my niece Lucia would approve of as she always says that too!
I've been in a "yellow taxi."
I've never seen so much art deco in my life - I love art deco so I'm in art deco heaven!
I've eaten a twinkie bought from a drug store and proper American burger from a place called 5 napkin burger (unlike other burgers you need more than one napkin if you eat a burger from 5 napkin - that's right you need 5 napkins!)

After gorgeous weather yesterday we've had rain and wind today. I made the most of the bad weather and booked into the spa for a massage, which was great really relaxing!

Tomorrow the weather is set to improve so it's back to sunshine.

No comments: