Saturday 18 December 2010

House move and Christmas preparations

Above is a picture of my cat Rookie who has come back to live with me now that we've moved in to our new home. Rookie is an elderly cat approaching her 18th year. Apart from from being very thin and a bit arthritic she is well and very happy to be living with us again. When I moved in with Jase 3 years ago she went to live with my Mum and Dad in Yorkshire because Jase's flat didn't have a garden. Anyway she seems very happy to be back and seems to like our back garden. Rookie is a talkative cat being part Siamese, she likes to miaow at every opportunity. For example like many cats she miaows when she wants food but she always says thank you after her food as well!

So the house below isn't our new home ;-) its actually for sale in our local bakers for £20 if I'd had means to get it home I would have bought it! A real gingerbread house is something I've always wanted! it was very Christmassy in town today, there were carol singers in the market dressed in Biblical fancy dress, there seemed to be more than 3 wise men but the more the merrier I suppose. I got a cup of free mulled wine when I bought a freshly made pancake. Even outside ASDA the Lions club had their Santa's sleigh parked and blasting out Christmas hits. As it started to snow I felt very festive even though it was absolutely freezing.
We moved into our new house last weekend - in the hiatus between snow and ice so we were very lucky. The move went really smoothly everything done in one day. Of course it was stressful and it felt like the packing and the boxes would never end. Now it feels like we've lived here forever. We still have a lot of unpacking to do but there's no rush. Below is a photo of our front door with trees I've bought and the light and number Jase fitted today before the snow came.
As below shows we have had snow here in Bedfordshire, after largely missing it last time its quite a novelty to have snow. It's still falling and we have about 2 inches which has fallen in about 2 hours.

No comments: