Monday 20 December 2010

Cold December

The cold weather has continued - we were so lucky that the weekend we moved happened to be in a hiatus to the weather. This weekend we had snow as I mentioned in the entry below. In the end we had about half a foot of snow which now has compacted somewhat and is about 4 or 5 inches deep. There are much deeper drifts of course. Today we went for a walk into Biggleswade across the fields in the snow. Although I was wearing wellies I found it really hard going. My back was killing me. In town I bought a pair of German snow boots, fleece lined and waterproof. They are the most snuggly, comfy boots ever. I totally love them!

In town we had a nice meal at the Maltings in Biggleswade which is really cosy and the food and wine were lovely and as a converted brewery malting house it is rather historic inside.

Below is a picture of Rookie contemplating the snow.
We also went back to our rented house today, the one which had all the spiders in the garden. We found these on the back gate. Very beautiful webs I just wonder how the spiders are faring.
You can find some more pictures here on my flickr page

1 comment:

brian hickey said...

after reading post after post, your blog is really refreshing.
No wonder you call yourself the happy salmon. regards brian