Friday 31 December 2010

Farewell 2010

I know that I have written before that I'm not a great fan of New Year's Eve. I think its the arbitrary nature of it. Every and any day could be New Year's Eve surely? Although it was the Roman's who started celebrating 1st Jan (or near equivalent some days after the winter solstice basically) as New Year in the British Isles, so it goes back a fair few years.

I'm not against New Year's celebrations though; I've had some lovely New Years', some raucous (I'm thinking of the 2 I spent in Weston Super Mare!), some boozy and cosy spent in Doncaster usually with my friend Lorraine watching music videos after the pub. I've had a couple of lost New Year's Eves in Nottingham one involving being dressed as a goth (although I really resembled a French mine artist) and the other a rolling stones tribute band called the Rolling Clones. I've also been lucky enough to have spent some beautiful New Year's Eve's with Jase last year at Hampton Court and the year before that in central London but away from the crowds. (our first 2 new years were spent at home watching fire works over the roofs.)

This year will be like the latter, we will be seeing 2011 in from our new home. So that will be very special and quiet although I do want to try a Drambuie and champagne cocktail, so maybe not that quiet!

The seemingly never ending onslaught of unpacking, acquiring new pieces of furniture for our new house continues. My office/study is nearly ready. Its so good to have my own space to work in. Ginny Wolf knew how important it was to have your own space, and she was right!

Before Christmas our dining table was delivered and there is a picture of it below.
Here's a picture of it with the runner and place mats which arrived yesterday. The colour scheme in the dining end of our kitchen diner is green and blue - quite a deep sea green and bright blue.
Well it just leaves me to wish everyone who reads my blog a very merry New Year's Eve and may 2011 be peaceful, joyful and bright! Cheers!

No comments: