Sunday 22 August 2010

Weekly roundup

Well I've had a busy old week. I decided to take some time off from my freelance work and so had this week as a "holiday."

My friend Ruth came to visit at the beginning of the week for a couple of days which was lovely. We just pottered about Biggleswade and Hitchin was nice and relaxing. I also made chilli which I always enjoy.

In the middle of the week I visited my parents and did a bit of shopping with my Mum and popped out for a meal.

Then on Friday my friend Selina came to visit with her two little boys Jack and Lucas. They have grown so quickly it is really quite astonishing. It was lovely to see Selina as it's been far to long. The last time we visited Selina was almost exactly 2 years ago!

Yesterday was a pretty lazy one so today we went to Cambridge for a bit of an explore. I only really know the river and colleges bit of Cambridge so we walked around that area to where the main shops are. We had a good wander and Jase got me two DVD's Kiki's Delivery Service and the Cat Returns both Studio Ghibli Japanese animated films.

We passed a Chinese supermarket on the way back and picked up some Gunpowder tea. This caused a lot of tweets on Twitter so tomorrow I shall blog about the gun powder tea with some photos of it and comparison to other teas I have!

No comments: