Wednesday 1 September 2010

September!

I love September! For some reason I never feel good in August, I could understand it when a teacher because although on holiday I'd end up spending most of the time ill, I'd always come down with a cold or bad migraine. I've always worked through August since not teaching but this year starting up my new business meant that August was a barren month - everyone's on holiday. So I had to take time off and I just slumped into a big low.

Today is 1st September and I do feel a lot better already. I love September the shiny new school shoes, the misty mornings, the crisp evenings, the blackberries and the robin singing at my window this morning. The change in seasons. My dahlias are looking splendid after a heavy morning dew, pictured above. But I also have some new roses, pictured below. That's why I love September, summer is growing old but autumn promises a bounty of fruit, vegetables and cosiness! My favourite time of year is autumn. So I'm happy today!
When emerging from a period of feeling very low I always feel fragile and shaky, there is always the worry that this is a false start, that by tea time I'll be back in the doldrums and the turmoil. Fingers crossed though that this time I am well and truly out of the worst.


No comments: