Monday 9 August 2010

Natalie the explorer!

Today the weather was so gorgeous, I decided to go for a walk and explore a bit of Biggleswade I'd not been to. I decided to walk north of the town and up a farm track towards the RSPB lodge south of Sandy. As I walked through the northern most housing estate in the town I came across this huge pom pom of a hanging basket! (pictured below.)

I found the farm track with out any difficulties, the picture below shows the farm track I was following you can see what a beautiful day it was.
The view around me as of just farm land and hedgerows. It was so peaceful with only the sound of the wind in the wheat, the crickets chirruping and the odd burst of bird song. I was really enjoying my exploring! I walked 2 miles in a little over 30 minutes so I was making brisk progress along the track. (I had my trusty pedometer with me)
Then just as I approached the end of the track I fell and twisted my ankle in a pot hole. I got up dusted myself down and carried on like a trooper. Not long after this, the only car I'd seen passed me very slowly. I noticed the driver was studying me closely, he wound down the window and asked me if I was alright. I said yes and carried on, as did the car in the opposite direction. I then looked down and saw that there were about 5 little rivers of blood streaking down my shin! Luckily I had some antiseptic wipes with me so I could clean the cuts on my knee, but it stung an awful lot! I began to walk slowly back but I realised that my ankle was only getting worse so I phoned for a cab. I had to wait for it by these lonely farm buildings. The iron doors were rattling in the wind. It felt very lonely and a bit spooky waiting there for the taxi to arrive!

I got home safely and I'm glad I did because my knee is quite sore and stiff now and my ankle pretty painful! But a nice cup of tea, some painkillers and a low calorie pizza with salad are cheering me up no end!

No comments: