Tuesday 9 February 2010

Sad news and the week ahead

I woke this morning at 4:30 AM, which really is a ridiculous time to wake up when my alarm was actually set for 7! I couldn't get back to sleep so eventually gave in and got up at 5:30. Only 3 days ago I couldn't get out of bed I was so tired, but I did have a migraine for a couple of days which didn't help with the tiredness. So at the moment I'm either feeling exhausted or waking up very early and not able to sleep. I can't win!

I don't have a lot to report from last week. My family had some very sad news last week my Auntie Joyce, my Mum's aunt, died suddenly but peacefully in her sleep. My Auntie Joyce was one of the kindest, warmest and funniest women I'll ever know. We will all miss her a great deal. This week I'll be going up to Doncaster and then over to Stoke for the funeral.

At the end of this week I also have an appointment at Moorfields Eye Hospital to see the geneticist. The last time I saw a geneticist about my eye condition was over 20 years ago and the science of genetics has progressed so much since then. I am curious more than anything to find out if the cataracts I was born with are likely to be passed on to any children I might have. We don't have any known instances of cataracts in children in my family, other than me, so the previous advice was that my condition is probably a mutation. Hopefully now they'll be able to do a test to find out if I am a mutant or not. I just wish some X-Men / Heroes like super power could be part of my mutantness! But then again maybe it is...

No comments: