Friday 19 June 2009

Mayor faces 'naked road' protest by blind people

I miss understood the headline in this news story from the BBC - I wish it had really been about what I thought it was going to be. I thought that the Guide Dogs for the Blind supporters who were protesting at City Hall, were threatening to be naked! That would have been a great protest. I would be up for that - I'd join with my fellow visually impaired brothers and sisters and strip off in protest against shared road schemes and Boris' silly pedestrian crossing proposals. (Boris is cutting down on the time the green man is displayed at crossings. This gives less time for pedestrians including older, disabled people and parents with kids and buggies etc. to cross the road but it gives cars, lorries and bikes more time to run people over.) Having been run over twice on zebra crossings by cyclists I am one partially sighted person who gets angry about this type of thing!

Any blind and partially sighted people out there who fancy joining me on a naked protest against Boris Johnson's ludicrous policies please let me know!

No comments: