Monday 17 November 2008

Weddings, Monkey and more

After a week of fairly prolific blogging (for me) at the beginning of November things have been busy and I have been bad at keeping my blog up to date. Last weekend we attended Nikki and Phil's wedding reception at The Carlton Mitre Hotel opposite Hampton Court. Jase and I loved the hotel so much we have booked to stay the day after Boxing Day! I can't wait. Check out the history of the hotel section of the website linked above - it's great especially the bit about the trench that was dug for all manner of filth to be flung in!

On the Sunday we went to see Monkey Journey to the West at the O2 which was amazing! Although the specially built theatre was a bit cheap and cheerful and the seats were small and tightly packed in. As we were on the front row and I am rather short it was hard to see all of the action on the stage sometimes but if we had sat further back then I would not have seen as much as the gradient of the seating wasn't very steep. So the seats were the best for me. There was some silly mix up with the wheelchair seating which was a shame to see happen but they seemed to sort it all out in the end.

The performance its self was spectacular the acrobatics and martial arts were cool, the music great and the costumes gorgeous. I would have liked to have seen more of Jamie Hewlett's animation which is great.
Otherwise this last week or so we have been playing a lot of golf on the Wii - I had the yips for a while with the old power shots but seem to have regained my technique :-)

No comments: