Saturday 1 November 2008

Arriving in Cornwall Saturday 25th October

A week ago today I was on my way down to Cornwall. We had an event free journey down. We stopped on Dartmoor to have a meal at the pub pictured below.

In the pub garden there were 3 kittens playing. The little black kitten below was speeding about the patio area chasing pebbles. He had a ginger brother who I also snapped hiding in the grass and a tabby who I wasn't able to get a picture of as he kept moving!


We arrived in Cornwall before it got dark and went out exploring straight away. We were staying at Acton Castle which is near to Marizion on the east side of Mounts Bay. Below are two pictures I took as we explored east of the castle, The walk involved stomping through muddy cabbage fields and nettle fields. I got stung rather a lot.
These pictures were taken on our way to Prussia Cove.

When we returned back from the walk we explored the garden of the castle whilst my Mum and I were in the garden we heard voices, coming from another part of the small garden, we assumed it would be some of the other people staying at the castle but when we got to that part of the garden there was no one there. In fact no one else was anywhere near the garden. My Mum and I put it down to the wind carrying the sound of someone quite far away and making it sound as if they were a lot nearer. A few days later I bought a book of Cornish ghost stories that included the tale of a ghostly young sailor who haunts Mounts Bay he is heard calling out around Mounts Bay most usually calling "I will, I will" a pledge to his dead fiance who haunted him in life. Maybe it was the phantom sailor we heard in the garden that night.

No comments: