Monday 25 August 2008

Not much to say really

It's been a quiet month really - and my posts show that. I haven't been feeling well for a lot of August with my bad knee and a stomach bug. But I haven't completely become Dot Cotton spending my days moaning about various ailments. I've been watching the Olympics, reading a lot. I just finished the Bone Setters Daughter by Amy Tan which I loved. It was so refreshing to read something so funny and moving that wasn't sentimental or simplistic.

That "Olay" (that's Oil of Ulay for anyone over 30) advert that makes me really cross has just been on the TV. Its the one that starts with "Not ready for cosmetic surgery yet?" I hate it because it assumes that at some point we all will be ready to go under the knife and implies that a totally normal part of aging is to have plastic surgery!

So other than getting cross at face cream adverts it has been a quiet summer.

No comments: