Sunday 17 August 2008

Knee injury, drunks and traffic

The road outside our house finally opened last Sunday after the flood and it has taken about a week for traffic levels to get back to normal. (There are other road works which have been restricting use of the road.) So it is a shame to have the rumble of traffic back. To add to the traffic noise the bar over the road has been very noisy yesterday afternoon we had 40 odd drunk South African rugby supporters drinking, shouting and playing guitar outside our living room window. Now I can see that for some this might be a good thing - and when I was a student I probably would have loved it - but I am getting old and grumpy and so I have had to complain yet again to the council. The glass and vomit on the pavement this morning just confirm that I was right to complain!

I also injured my knee in the week which meant I was unable to run the 10k this Saturday. I was pretty fed up about that. Not just because my knee has been pretty painful but I had trained really hard (too hard I guess) to do the race and I couldn't actually run! I have been consoling myself watching the Olympics and praying that I can get to the gym in a week or so. I will now have to concetrate on swimming and cycling instead of running.

No comments: