Friday 6 June 2008

South Wales

I had a day trip to South Wales today, on business sadly but still it was nice to get out of London. As ever I was given a very warm Welsh welcome by everyone I met. Including the taxi driver who gave me a very detailed running commentary on the local landscape, his house, local business and in true cabbie style had a good moan. We may have been driving through south Wales but he still had the opportunity to criticise the London congestion charge! My meting went really well and everyone was really lovely making the 2 hour journey and 5:45 alarm well worth it.

It would have been nice to stay in Wales for a bit but there is no place like home and right now that is London. It is very quiet this evening. Jase is working late and I am having to watch Big Brother by myself.

What a strange summer tradition Big Brother is, like wasps, warm beer, rained on picnics and saturated fat loaded fish and chips on the sea front, really quite horrible but ingrained in the psyche and as much part of summer as all the nice things like strawberries and cream, lemonade and wild roses.

No comments: