Thursday 14 May 2015

Tokyo - the longest day!

As I write this I will have been awake for over  25 hours. It's beginning to take its toll. I feel faint and quite giddy. But the good news is we got to Tokyo safely at 7:10 this morning. The flight wasn't too bad. I watched two films both of which made me cry: Paddington made me cry with laughter and The Theory of Everything for being a bloomin' good film. 

We flew into Tokyo Haneda which is a smaller business type airport - a bit like City Airport in London. It's only 20 minutes from Haneda to where we're staying in Shinigawa. One of the first things we did on getting through security and customs was to by some green tea from a vending machine. Here's a picture of me clutching my vending machine green tea. 


We got to our hotel not long after 9 AM. Here's the view from the hotel lobby's ladies toilet. Yes the hotel starts on the 26th floor. Below it are offices. 


We have then spent our day exploring near to the hotel, there are lots of cafes and restaurants, a linear style park and Jason's office in Tokyo. We visited the coffee shop at Jason's work. 

Here's a couple of picture of the park. 



In the park smokers are forced to smoke in designated caged areas. Something I think we should introduce in the UK. 


We then went to Shibuya (pictured below) for lunch and a look round a couple of shops. 


The Shops in Japan are always full of great stuff like shelves upon shelves of post cards including these ones of cats, dogs and then food! 

Or there's the shelf of fish shaped scowerers in every colour you could want! 


We had lunch in Ginza Lion and then came back to the hotel. I am trying everything humanly possible not to fall asleep as I type this. So apologies for all the typos! 

No comments: