Sunday 17 May 2015

Godzilla, Dino robots and jumping sauce

Just a few quick photos as I need to do my hair before we pop out to an "Irish Pub" it's actually part of a chain of pubs in Tokyo we like called Ginza Lion but this one has an Irish theme and is called The Dubliners. I'll tell you about it later! 

But today we went to Akahibara or Electric Town.  We spent a lot of time in the giant Yodobashi Camera shop - it doesn't just sell cameras but everything electrical. Though I bought a cute small camera bag and a deep pink coloured micro usb cable there. I also bought a brush for cleaning my computer keyboard. They have all the colours of computer cleaning equipment as you can see here! 


Near the top of Yodobashi Camera is the games and film section so I got my photo taken with Godzilla who was advertising his film. 



We then went to look at some of the more hardcore electronics shops or market stalls which sell electronics components. We also went to the robot shop that sells small robots and the stuff you need to build your own robots. I liked Helo! Dino a robot dinosaur and the box robot pictured below. 



We also had lunch in a "Family Restaurant." We both had steaks brought to us sizzling on a hot plate with a sauce to pour over them. They plates were surrounded by a paper hat type thing with the English written on them as "Please Note the Jumping of the Sauce!" 


The steaks were delicious and the sauce did indeed jump or spit when I poured it on! 



No comments: