Saturday 22 September 2012

Tokyo

We arrived safely in Tokyo on Thursday morning. Our hotel room is on the 25th of 40 floors of the garden tower. We have an excellent view of the garden, summer palace and Shinjuku sky scrapers. You can see a photo of the night time view from our window below.

Jase had to work Friday afternoon so I spent the day exploring around the hotel including going to a local peace garden.

Today we went to Tokyo Game Show. It was incredibly busy with long queues and a real crush around popular exhibits like the Sony one.

My favourite thing was seeing the cosplayers, who are young Japanese people who dress up as their favourite game & anime characters and pose for photos. I felt like a paparazzi snapping them although I did say thank you to them and they'd bow. You can see a couple of pictures below. Jase took a photo of me with a power ranger type character but he hasn't uploaded his photos yet. You can find all of mine on my usual Flickr page.

I've been bitten by some nasty insect & have huge bites on my legs and one on my hand! I suspect it was when we went out for a stroll last night at about 9pm. Maybe like Scotland Tokyo has midges!

Having a lovely time and I'll update the blog in a couple of days. Tomorrow we hope to go to a huge DIY, craft, electronics shop which also has a room full of cats, in it. It's not quite a cat cafe but you pay about £5 and can hang out with the cats for a bit. Proper retail therapy!

No comments: